Sunday, January 1, 2023

happy new year 2023 and my word for the year

happy new year!

i am looking forward to this year and wishing you all a very happy new year.

each year i like to choose a word/phrase/song, etc to claim for the year. i didn't share my word last year as it was so personal with all i was going thru at the time. it was "self-care". it felt selfish and i was afraid to share it. which goes to show, it was a word i needed to claim. it's easy for me to care for others, but i struggle with self worth and taking care of myself.

i lacked in a lot of areas, but also feel like i grew and was intentional in caring for myself mentally, physically, emotionally, psychologically, spiritually, and about any other "ly" words.

as i reflected over the past year and thought about a word to claim for this new year, "reset" kept coming to mind. at first, i thought "that's dumb" LOL, but it just kept coming to mind when i tried to think of something different.

and now, i'm exciting to claim this word. my thought process for this word is to take everything i have learned from last year and before and "reset" or apply to my life. so even using the word "self-care" from last year, i can reset my mind, body, thoughts, life, etc

there are so many areas i can see where i need to "reset" in my life...my thoughts, boundaries, diet, craft/baking business, home, health, and the list goes on. i would like to "reset" to a place of simplicity and the feeling of hygge (my 2018 word of the year). hygge is a scandinavian word for a mood of coziness and comfortable conviviality with feelings of wellness and contentment. what a wonderful word to "reset" to!

i am hoping to use this blog platform to keep track of this goal for the year and write about ways i am resetting parts of my life this year.

a verse from the bible that spoke to me for this word is from the first book of peter 5:10 (esv)

"and after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you."


No comments:

Post a Comment